Preparation time: 45mins
no. of persons : 4 adults
Type : Starter / Snack
Recipe source : own source
Raw green bananas
Onion - 1
Green chillies - 2
Mint & cilantro handful finely chopped)
Seasonings as per taste
(grind all together into coarse paste in a blender)
Roasted chana dal powder
2 tbsp (required for binding)
2 tbsp for dusting before frying
For deep frying
- Wash green bananas. Discard the edges and cut into halves.
- Pressure cook for 3 steams. Allow pressure to release.
- Remove the skin and grate the boiled bananas. This way lumps can be avoided otherwise it can also be mashed with fingers.
- To this add the coarsed masala paste, roasted channa dal powder and lime juice. Combine well. Check the salt at this stage and, if required adjust the seasonings according to your taste.
- Apply little oil to palms and shape into lime size balls. Roll in cornflour and press gentle like patties or into your desired shapes. Do the same to the remaining mixture and keep them ready before frying.
- Heat the oil and fry these patties in golden color.
- Serve hot with any dipping chutneys or tomato ketchup.