Main Ingredient: Tomato and Soy Granules
Time to Prepare: 40-45mins
INGRIDENTS FOR STUFFING:
|Roma Tomatoes |
|Onions||1/2 cup (finely chopped)|
|Soy granules||1/2 cup|
|Ginger Garlic paste||1 tsp|
|Garam masals powder||1/4tsp|
|Coriander leaves||2tbsp (finely chopped)|
|Lime juice/ Amchur||1tsp|
- Cut the tomatoes into half and scoop out the seeds and juice. Apply little salt and oil to the tomatoes and bake them in oven at 200 F for 3-5 min. Remove from the oven and keep aside.
- Add pinch of salt to the water and when its boiling add soy granules and cook for 5 min. After 10 min drain out the water. Make sure you squeeze out all the excess water as you don't want any moisture in the soy granules.
- Heat the oil in a pan, fry the onions, green chillies and curry leaves. When the onions turn into light golden brown, add ginger garlic paste and fry for a min. Now add the boiled soy granules, salt and turmeric powder and mix well. Fry in a medium flame for 5mins. Now finally add the amchur/lime juice, garam masala powder and chopped coriander leaves and mix well.
- Now stuff the soy mixture into tomatoes and keep aside. Now your stuffed Soy Tomato is ready.
|Onion Paste||1 cup|
|Tomato (medium sized)||1 (paste)|
|Ginger Garlic paste||2tsp|
|Green chillies||6 (coarse paste)|
|Poppy seeds/ Khus Khus||1tbsp|
|Dry coconut powder||2tbsp|
|Garam Masala powder||1/2tsp|
|Whole garam masala||1 bay leaf, 2 cloves, 1 Cardamom, piece of cinnamon & 1/4tsp sajeera.|
- Dry roast Ground nuts, Sesame, Poppy seeds and Dry coconut. Together make into fine paste.
- Heat the oil in heavy bottomed vessel. Fry whole garam masala for 30 sec. Now add onion paste and fry, until raw smell disappears. When the onion paste turns into light golden brown, add ginger garlic paste and rough paste of green chillies. Fry for a min.
- Now add khuskhus, groundnuts, sesame and dry coconut paste and fry for couple of Mins and add all the remaining powders except garam masala and fry for another 3mins. Keep stirring continuously. If the gravy sticks too much to the bottom add a very little quantity of water.
- Now add the tomato puree and cook until raw smell disappears. When oil leaves on edges, add sour cream and stir continuously for 3 more mins.
- Add the seasonings (salt to taste and 2tsp of red chilly powder).
- Now add 3/4th cup of water to the fried paste and bring to boil. Continue the boiling for another 3-4mins. Check the seasonings.
- Now put the stuffed soy tomato carefully and cook in a medium lower flame for 5-10mins. (Do not stir with spoon and do not cover with lid).
- When gravy thickens turn off the flame.
SHIFTING TO SERVING DISH:
- First, take out the stuffed tomatoes carefully into a plate.
- Pour the gravy into serving dish.
- Replace the stuffed tomatos carefully into the dish.
- Garnish with Onion slices, green chilles and coriander leaves.
- Both the steps can be prepared parallel.
- Baking the tomatoes in the oven is optional . You can cook them along with the stuffing. The cooking time and water measurement should be increased as necessary.
- Do not stir or cover with the lid after stuffed tomatoes are dropped into the gravy.
- If you don't want to use Soya granules, you can always substitute with grated paneer, cooked vegetables (carrot,beans,potato, peas) etc.