Serving: 2-3 persons
Preparation time: 20mins
|Beet Root||2 cups (peeled and chopped)|
|Dry coconut powder||2tbsp|
|Dry red chilly||3-4 (longer in size)|
|Garlic||2-3 flakes (grated or paste)|
|Amchur / Tamarind pulp||1tsp (if pulp 1tbsp)|
|Coriander leaves||2tbsp chopped|
- Boil beetroot in water until they are soft.Add little salt while boiling (I poured 1.5 cups of water and boiled till water evaporated).
- In a pan, dry roast sesame and red chill's on low flame.
- Grind together into powder or coarse powder. To this add dry coconut powder and grind it just for couple of seconds. Keep aside.
- Heat oil in a frying pan and add urad Dal, mustard's and curry leaves and fry for a min. Add boiled beetroot and fry it for 5Min's on medium flame.
- Now add garlic, above powder and amchur. Mix well and fry for a minute.
- Finally add chopped coriander leaves and serve with hot rice.