|Bitter gourd||350gms / 3 cups (thinly sliced) (or) 350gms|
|Buttermilk||in cup curd add 3/4th cup water and whisk well.|
|Cumin seeds||1/2 tbsp|
|Jaggery powder or grated||3 tbsp|
|Red chilly powder||2 tsp|
- Cut bitter gourd into round and thin slices. Rinse under tap water for couple of times and drain them well.
- Mix turmeric, tamarind, buttermilk, and salt. Keep on flame.
- Boil on medium flame until bitter gourd is cooked and all buttermilk is evaporated.
- In mixer jar add onions, Jaggery, Cumin seeds, little bit of salt , garlic and red chilly powder. Grind to fine paste, without adding water. Keep aside.
- Heat oil in a wide frying pan. When oil is hot, add boiled bitter gourd and fry them, till semi crispy.
- Add ground masala paste and mix well (adjust sweet, tangy and spice flavour according to your desired taste)
- Fry on low flame until it turns into dark golden in color brown (it takes 20-30mins to fry).
- Serve with rice.