|Urad dal||1 cup|
|Idli Rawa||2 cups|
|Rice flakes||1/8th cup|
- Wash and soak Urad dal, rice flakes and Idli rawa separately for 4-6hrs.
- In a mixer jar or grinder put washed urad dal, rice flakes and grind into fine paste by adding water till soft and fluffy.
- Wash rava and take hand full of rawa and squeeze as much you can. Combine both rawa and batter and mix well by adding salt to taste.
- Cover and keep the batter in a warm place overnight to let the idli batter ferment.
- Now batter is ready for making idli's.
|Coconut grated||1/4th cup|
|Coriander||2 tbsp chopped|
|Cumin seeds(||1/4th tsp|
|Red chilly||1 (break into tiny pcs)|
|Green chillies (optional)||1 tsp (chopped)|
- In a bowl, mix carrot, coconut, peas, coriander and salt.
- Heat ghee, prepare tempering (urad dal, cumin seeds, mustard's, red chilly) and pour on carrot mixture. Mix well.
- To this add Idli batter and mix well.
- Grease ghee/oil to idli plates moulds and fill each of them with 3/4th full of batter.
- Cook idli's on steam for 15-20mins on medium flame. Off the flame and allow it to cool done.
- Pull the idli's with help of spoon.
- Serve with chutney.
Allam chutney :