|Roasted garm dal/Chana dal||3/4th cup|
|Fresh coconut||14th cup (grated)|
|Green chillies small||8-10 (split)|
|Tamarind||key lime size|
- Soak tamarind in water.
- Dry roast chana dal on low flame. If you are using roasted gram dal (also know as chana dalia) no need to roast.
- Heat oil, fry cumin seeds and green chillies for 2mins.Remove from flames.
- Put dal in blender and make into fine powder. Now add soaked tamarind, coconut, salt, fried green chillies and add enough water to grind the chutney.
- Heat oil and give tempering.
- Serve with any variety of tiffins.