|Bread crumbs||1/2 cup|
|Oil ||for shallow frying|
- Peel the potatoes and mash them.
- Add bread crumbs, lime juice, corn flour, cumin powder and salt. Knead the mixture.
- Make 8-12 equal portions (balls) of potato mixture and flatten them like patties or like round cutlets.
- Shallow fry these patties on both sides by adding tbsp of oil (OR) deep fry in oil.
|White peas or Kabuli chana||1.5 cups|
|Onions chopped||1 cup (chopped)|
|Tomatoes medium sized||2 (puree)|
|Green chillies||4 split|
|Red chilly powder||1 tsp|
|Cinnamon ||2 small pieces|
|Ginger and garlic paste||2 tsp|
|Salt ||to taste|
- Dry roast cloves, coriander seeds, pepper corns, cinnamon, cardamom and make into fine powder
- Soak peas/chana overnight and cook them in pressure cooker by adding 1/2tsp of salt.
- Heat oil and fry onions and green chillies. When onions are light golden brown add ginger garlic paste and fry for 2-3mins.
- Now add red chilly powder, turmeric, salt, ground garam masala, 1tsp amchur powder and tomato puree. Fry till oil on sides.
- Add cooked chana/peas and add little water and cook for another 5mins. The consistency should not be too thick or too lite.
- Ragada is ready.
- Place the cutlet on center of the plate.
- Pour Ragada and top with sweet chutney, green chutney and whipped curd, onions, lime juice and chopped coriander.
- Sprinkle chat masala and serve.