Preparation time :30mins
Cooking time :15mins
Recipe courtesy : Cookery show
Servings :6-8 members
Soya chunks small
Onions medium size
Red chilly powder
Garam Masala powder
¼ th cup
Channa dal : 1 tbsp
Urad dal : 1 tsp
Mustards : 1tsp
Red chillies : 3
- Wash chamadumpalu / taro root and pressure cook up to 2 or 3 whistles. Allow pressure to release. Drain the water and peel the skin. Now cut into small chunks or into rounds.
- In a separate vessels boil the water. Drop soya chunks and off the flame. Leave it for 10 mins. Later, drain the water and squeeze the excess water.
- Combine chamadumpalu and soya chunks in a bowl. Add salt, turmeric and red chilly powder. Mix gently with spatula or toss them. Keep aside.
- Dry roast sesame and groundnuts till raw smell goes off. Cool it down and grind into fine medium coarse powder.
- Heat 4 tbsp of oil in a non-stick pan. Add channa dal, urad dal, mustards and red chilly’s. Fry for a while and add onions, curry leaves and green chillies. Fry till onions turn into lite pink.
- Now add chama-soya mixture and mix gently and fry on medium heat till it turns into fried color.
- Finally add ground powders (groundnuts, sesame and garam masala) and mix well and fry it for another 5 mins and off the flame
- Serve with rice or as a side dish with Dal rice or Sambar rice or Rasam rice.