Fenugreek seeds / methi seeds
1 cup (this makes the batter bit rough texture)
Preparation of batter:
- Soak rice, parboiled rice and fenugreek seeds together in water for 6-8hrs.
- In the same way soak Urad dal, ildi rava and rice flakes each separately.
- Before grinding wash all ingredients. Now mix all the ingredients together except idli rava.
- Drop all the mixture into a grinder and grind to a smooth batter. Add water as required till the batter turns to smooth and fluffy.
- Finally add washed and squeezed idli rava and salt. Continue grinding for another 5 minutes and transfer to a blow.
- Keep it in a warm place for fermenting minimum 8 hrs.
- Mix the batter. If the batter consistency is too thick mix water till u get the right consistency. Check the salt at this point.
- Heat non-stick pan at high heat. Pour ladle full of batter on the centre of the pan and spread the batter like dosa.
- Dizzle ½ tsp of oil and cook till it turns to nice golden in color. Flip the dosa and dizzle ½ tsp of oil and cook for sometime. When dosa is roasted remove to a serving plate and serve with chutney
- In picture I served with Tomato chutney and Kobbari/ coconut chutney.
Kobbari Chutney/ Coconut Chutney: