|Urad dal||1 cup|
|Onions chopped||1/4th cup|
|Green chillies||2 chopped|
|Ginger chopped (optional)||1tbsp|
|Coriander leaves||1/4th cup chopped|
- Wash and soak urad dal for 2-4hrs.
- Drain the water and grind into paste. While grinding add cumin and salt and very less amount of water.
- Batter should be like tight consistency.
- To this add chopped onions, green chillies and chopped ginger, mix well.
- Now batter is ready for frying garelu. (keep aside)
- Mix buttermilk and milk together in a bowl and keep aside.
- Whisk the curd and add salt to taste and add 1/2cup of water.
- Heat 1tbsp of oil in a skillet and give tempering(Urad dal, Cumin, Mustard's and curry leaves). Let it cool down for a while and pour in the curd, mix well. Keep aside.
- Heat oil for deep frying.
- Wet your fingers and plastic sheet with little water and take a small lemon size of batter into your hand and flatten on sheet like patties/donuts and make a hole in center and drop in the oil. In one batch, we can fry 3-4 garelu.
- Fry until light golden brown color on both the sides and pull out from oil and soak in the buttermilk and milk for 1min and transfer it to seasoned curd.
- Allow to soak for at least 30mins and garnish with coriander leaves.
- Ready to serve.