In this meal I prepared PLAIN RICE, BEET ROOT FRY and PALAKURA PESARA PAPU/ PALAK MOONG DAL. Its easy and quick. It takes 30-45mins for preparation.
PALAKURA PAPU/ PALAK MOONG DAL
|Moong dal||3/4th cup|
|Spinach||1 bundle or 2 cups (chopped)|
|Salt to taste|
|Green chillies||4 split|
|Garlic flakes||2 (flatten)|
|Dry red chill's||2 (break into PCs)|
|Onions (optional)||1/4th cup (finely chopped)|
- Wash moong dal, add 2cups of water and boil till dal is cooked and smooth. While boiling add turmeric and green chillies.
- Heat 2tbsp of oil and fry garlic, Cumin seeds, mustard's, red chilli's and curry leaves.
- Add onions and fry for a while. Add spinach and mix well and fry till spinach is nicely fried.
- Now add cooked dal and salt to taste. Mix well and allow to boil for 5min on medium flame.
- Off the flame. Before serving add lime juice and serve with hot rice or roti.
BEET ROOT FRY