|Coconut (medium size)||half coconut (grated)|
|Semi thick tamarind pulp||1/2 cup|
|Green chillies||6-10 (according to taste)|
|Sesame seeds||1 tbsp (hipped)|
|Onions||1/2 cup (chopped)|
|Tempering seasonings||Urad dal - 1/2tsp|
Mustard’s - 1/4tsp
Methi seeds - few
Cumin seeds - 1/4tsp
Curry leaves - 2 strings
|Cilantro||2 tbsp chopped|
- Heat oil in a bottomed kadai. When oil is hot add peeled garlic. Fry till garlic turns to light golden in color. Then add tempering seasonings and curry leaves. Fry it for few movements.
- Add turmeric and onions. Saute till onions are semi fried.
- Add tamarind juice and 1.5 to 2 cups of water. Boil till raw smell of tamarind disappears.
- Mean while grind coconut, sesame and green chillies in mixer jar and grind into fine paste. Add this paste to tamarind sauce gravy and mix well.
- Continue it to boil till garlic is cooked and till gravy thickens.
- Off the flame and garnish with chopped cilantro.
- Serve hot with plain white rice or roti.