|Moong dal||1/2 cup|
|Ginger||1”piece (chop finely)|
|Green chillies||4 (chopped)|
|Ghee||1/4th cup /4tbsp|
|Pepper corns||1tbsp (grind into coarse powder)|
|Cumin seeds||2 tsp|
- Dry roast moong dal in a pressure pan (this step is to avoid raw smell of moong dal)
- Then mix with rice and wash couple of times.
- Add 3 cups of water and salt to taste. Pressure cook till rice becomes soft.
- Allow pressure to release completely. Then add glass water and mix well and keep aside.
- Heat ghee in a wide pan.
- Fry cumin seeds, chopped green chillies, chopped ginger, cashews and curry leaves.
- Add cooked rice and mix well. Turn flame to high and keep stirring. When rice starts boiling add co-arsed pepper corns powder and mix well. Check the salt at this point.
- Keep stirring.
- When rice becomes mushy . Off the flame and serve with coconut chutney.