200gms (peel and cut into chunks)
Lady Finger/ Bendi
100gms (cut into 2” pecs)
2 medium sized (chopped)
Mustard's - ½ tsp
Fenugreek -¼ tsp
Garlic -2 flattened
Red chilies - 2
Curry leaves - few
Hing pinch (optional)
lemon size (soak in water, and extract the juice)
Red chilly 1tsp
Salt to taste
Turmeric 1/4 tsp
- Heat tbsp oil in a pressure pan. Fry Bendi till it turns to semi crispy. Pull out to a plate
- Heat remaining oil in same pan. Starting with tempering, follows onions and green chilies.
- When onions becomes translucent. Add chamadumpalu chunks and Fry well. Add seasonings and mix well.
- Pour 2 cups water. Cook on high flame up to 3-4 whistles. Off the flame
- Remove the lid. Add tamarind juice, jaggery and fried Bendi. Allow to boil for 5-10mins. Off the flame.
- Serve on hot rice.