Serving size : 4
Courtesy : Eenadu Sunday
Roha Fish / Rava Fish
1 kg (curry cut)
2 medium size (chopped)
1 medium size ( cut into cubes)
Lemon size(soak and extract the pulp)
Garlic flakes - 4 flattened
Curry leaves - few
Mustards - 1 tsp
Fenugreek - ½ tsp
Red chillies - 2
Onion 1 ( roughly chopped)
Tomato 1 (roughly chopped)
Coriander seeds 2 tbsp
Jeera seeds 1 tbsp
Grated fresh coconut ¼ th cup
Red chilly powder 4 tsp
Turmeric 1 tsp
Salt to taste
Preparations before cooking:
- Soak Tamarind and extract the pulp. Use 2- 3 glasses of water. It should be watery.
- For masala, fry onion and tomato in 2 tsp oil. Transfer to mixer jar. Add remaining ingredients listed under masala paste and make into a fine paste. If required add water to form a paste.
- Clean the fish and wash at least 5 to 6 times under tap water. Drain the fish and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a wide pan. When oil is nice and hot, add tempering seasonings. Fry for a minute.
- Fry onions, green chillies and tomatoes. Fry till tomato are cooked and mashed.
- Then, add masala paste and fry till oil floats.
- Add seasonings and tamarind water. Allow to boil for 5 mins.
- Add fish pcs carefully. Check the seasoning. If needed add according to your spice level.
- Continue boiling for another 10mins on medium high flame.
- Off the flame and let it cool down for 5 - 10 minutes.
- Squeeze the lemon juice. Mix well.
- Serve along with Hot rice.