2 medium size
(Peel and chop into big chunks)
6 to 8
(Sprinkle little water for speaking)
Peel the skin
(Discard the stalks)
Ghee or oil 2tsp
Urad dal 1tsp
Mustards ¼ tsp
Cumin ¼ tsp
Red chillies 2
- Pressure cook beetroot upto 2 steams in little water. Later separate the beetroot from water and reserve the water for grinding.
- Heat 2tsp of oil fry groundnuts and remove to a plate. In same oil fry green chillies and cumin. Once fried remove to the same plate.
- To the same pan add remaining oil and fry mint.
- Cool all the ingredients.
- Put all ingredients into mixer jar except beetroot. Grind to fine paste.
- Add beetroot and grind for another 10 to 15 seconds. If required, sprinkle reserved water for smooth grinding.
- Transfer into a bowl and end up with tadaka.
Serve with hot rice and a dash of ghee.