I always like to bake simple cakes. My Husband and myself are not a big fan of cream cakes or Icing cakes. I always browse for simple baking cake recipes. I got this recipe from NAARISAKHI's member “PATEL”. Her version is “Eggless Walnuts Banana Cake”. But I added 2 eggs to batter and baked it. It came out very well. My special Thanks to PATEL. It was a big big hit cake recipe. I'm posting the same recipe by adding 2 eggs.
Maida / White Flour
½ cup (roughly chopped)
1 (peeled and chopped into chunks)
- Grease 5" x 9" ovenproof baking pan or cake tin with 1 tbsp of oil or butter. Keep aside.
- Sieve All purpose flour and baking soda together in a bowl. Divide this mixture into 2 portions. Keep aside.
- Blend banana chunks into puree. Add essence, oil , sugar and blend it for few seconds
- Add eggs one after the other and blend it (only) for few seconds.
- Transfer this puree into a bowl and add first portion of dry ingredients and whisk or stir in one direction only. Add remaining portion of flour and stir till all ingredients are nicely mixed.
- Finally add chopped nuts and mix gently.
- Transfer this batter into greased baking pan or cake tin.
- Bake at 350 F heat for 25- 30 mins or inserting toothpick, it should come out clean.
- Allow cake to cool down completely otherwise it will break while slicing the cake or taking out from baking pan
- Its ready to serve.NOTE: Cake can be baked on gas stove by using cake cookers.