|Garlic flakes||2 (peeled and chopped)|
|Ginger||1”pieces (peeled and chopped)|
|Dry Red chillies||4-6|
|Onions||1/2cup (finely chopped)|
|Coriander leaves||1/4cup (finely chopped)|
|Curry leaves||few (chopped)|
|Oil||for deep frying|
- Soak Channa dal for 4hrs-6hrs. Wash nicely and drain the water well. Take 2-3tbsp of Channa dal and keep aside
- In a blender add Channa dal, ginger, garlic, cumin seeds, red chill's and salt. Grind into course paste. (sprinkle water only if required).
- To this add chopped onions, green chillies(optional), soaked Channa dal, coriander leaves and curry leaves. Mix nicely .
- Heat oil in a kadai for deep frying.
- Wet your hands and take a small portion of paste into your hands and pat them like patties and drop them in hot oil. Fry until golden brown in color on medium heat.
- Pull out from oil and drain them on paper towel. Serve hot with coconut chutney or tomato sauce and Chai.