No of servings : 2-3persons
Cooking time : 30mins (including pressure cooking dals)
|Moong dal, Channa dal, Red gram dal||1/8thcup each (or) 2tbsp each|
|Ginger||2tbsp finely chopped|
|Garlic||3cloves (finely chopped)|
|Onion||1/4cup finely chopped|
|Green chillies||3 finely chopped|
|Whole garam masala||1-cardamom, 2-cloves, small pcs- cinnamon |
|Red chilly powder||1tsp|
|Tadka seasonings||Urad dal-1/2tsp, Cumin seeds and mustard’s-1/4tsp each, Red chilly-1 and few curry leaves|
- Combine all the dal to wash and pressure cook them by adding enough water. Cook till dal is cooked nicely.
- Heat 2tsp oil. Make sure the oil is nice and hot. Add crushed whole garam masala and fry for seconds and add chopped ginger, garlic and green chillies . Fry them well.
- Now add chopped onions and continue to fry for few seconds. Meanwhile whisk the cooked dal or mash it with dal masher. Keep aside.
- Add all powdered ingredients - cumin powder, coriander powder, amchoor, red chilly powder and turmeric. Mix well and fry for few seconds.
- Add dal and salt to taste. Mix well and cook on medium flame for 5mins. If the dal is too thick add 1/4cup - 1/2cup of water. (depending on the consistency you like). Off the flame.
- Finally, give tadka/ tempering with remaining oil and ghee.
- Garnish and serve hot with roti.
|Spicy Dal fry and Mooli masala Roti|