|Whole Red chilly||1|
|Tomatoes medium sized||1 (diced)|
|Coriander leaves||pit full|
|Curry leaves||1 string|
|Rasam Powder:||Coriander seeds - 2 tsp|
Cumin seeds - 1 tsp
Peppercorns - ¼ tsp
(grind into coarse powder)
|Sugar||¼ - ½ tsp|
|Tempering seasonings:||Fenugreek seeds - few|
Mustard’s - ¼ tsp
Red chilly - 1 (break into two)
Garlic - 1 or 2 (flatten)
Curry leaves - few
Oil - 1 - 2 tsp
- In a pot take water and add all ingredients, except rasam powder and tempering ingredients.
- Bring to rolling boil and continue to boil till tamarind and tomatoes are well cooked and boiled in water.
- Add rasam powder and boil it for 2 more minutes. Off the flame.
- Heat oil and fry tempering ingredients and pour on rasam. Cover and allow to sit for 5 minutes.
- Garnish with cilantro and serve with appadam or with Fry dishes.