|Ripen tomatoes (medium sized)||6 (cut into cubes)|
|Coriander leaves/cilantro||half bunch|
|Curry leaves||2 strings|
|Garlic flakes||4 (flatten)|
|Red chilly powder||1/2tsp|
|Tamarind||less than lemon size|
|Mustard seeds||1/2 tsp|
- In a deep sauce pan add 2cups of water, tomatoes, coriander leaves, curry leaves, garlic, red chilly powder, tamarind, salt, turmeric and green chillies and boil for at least 10-5 Min's until tomatoes are cooked.
- Allow it to cool and smash the tomatoes with hand or with lentil/dal masher. Take out the juice as much as possible. Strain the juice and throw out the pulp.
- Again keep the tomato rasam on heat add 1/2cup water and bring to boil. While boiling add coriander and cumin seeds powder and check salt and spicy. Allow to boil for 3-5mins.
- Now in separate pan heat ghee and give tempering/tadka and add to tomato rasam.
- Serve with hot rice along with papads