1.25 kg (cut into medium pieces)
500 gm (mashed with fingers)
Ginger garlic paste
Red chilly powder
2 strings (chopped)
one bundle (roughly chopped)
(grind to fine powder)
(4 cloves, 1 cardamom , 2 inch size pieces - Cinnamon ,1 tsp - poppy seeds, Coriander seeds - 1 tsp)
Red food color
¼ tsp (to enhance the taste)
- Wash the chicken under tap water for couple of times. Then add ¼ tsp turmeric and tbsp of curd and mix well. Leave it for 5mins and then wash it with clean water and drain well. (this step is avoid the poultry smell)
- For marinating the chicken, take chicken into a mixing bowl, add ginger garlic paste, turmeric, red chilly powder, curd, mashed tomatoes (do not puree them), garam masala, food color,chopped green chillies, ajinomoto, curry leaves, coriander and salt. Mix well till all the masala is nicely coated to chicken. Cover and keep in the refrigerator for 2-4 hrs.
- Heat ½ cup oil in an non-stick pan.
- Add chicken and mix it. Cover and cook for 5-10 min on high flame.
- Remove the lid and mix it
- Cook on medium high flame till water evaporates and till gravy is nicely coated to the chicken. Mix it occasionally.
- Off the flame and garnish with onions, green chillies and lime.