|Whole moong dal||1cup|
|Moong dal||1/2 cup|
|Ginger||1” pcs (roughly chopped)|
|Cumin seeds||1tsp + 1/2tsp|
|Onions||1cup finely chopped|
|Green chillies||4-6 finely chopped (optional)|
|Ginger||1tbsp finely chopped (optional)|
- Soak both the dals in water for 6-8hrs or overnight
- In a grinder/ blender add washed dals, chopped ginger pieces, green chillies, 1tsp cumin seeds and salt. Grind into a paste by adding little water. The batter consistency should be medium. Take into a bowl and keep aside.
- In a mixing bowl add chopped onions, green chillies, ginger and cumin seeds and mix well. Keep this onion masala aside
- In a bowl heat ghee and mix oil. keep aside.
- Heat tawa / non stick pan. Pour one ladle full of batter in the center of pan and spread like dosa.
- Sprinkle some onion masala and drizzle some oil. Allow it to roast on medium flame and flip the dosa and drizzle oil, cook it for couple of Min's.
- Flip it again and then fold it.
- Pesarattu is ready.
- Serve with UPMA and ALLAM/GINGER CHUTNEY
GRAM DAL CHUTNEY