|Rice||3 cups (rice cooker cup)|
|Onions sliced||1/2 cup|
|Coriander leaves||1/4th cup chopped|
|Mint leaves||1/4th cup|
|Fresh coconut||1/4th cup (grated)|
|Cinnamon||3 small pcs|
- Wash the rice and soak for 15mins in water.
- Grind red chillies and garlic into coarse paste.
- Dice tomatoes and add cup water and boil for 10-15mins.
- Let it cool down and put in a blender to make puree and strain the puree.
- Add water and keep aside.
- Heat oil and ghee together.Fry sajeera, whole garam masala, onions,curry leaves, red chillies and garlic paste and coconut.
- Add measured tomato water and salt to taste. Bring the water to boil.
- In rice cooker, add rice and boiled water and mint leaves. Give a stir, check the salt and cover with lid and allow it to cook. For every 5mins give a stir and cook until rice is cooked.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve with onion raita.