|Whole Chicken/ Chicken with bones||1kg|
|Onions chopped||one and half cup|
|Tomatoes chopped||one cup|
|Green chillies||6-8 split|
|Ginger and garlic paste||3tbsp|
|Red chilly powder||2tsp|
|Garam masala paste||2tbsp|
Ingredients for garam masala paste:
|Dry coconut powder||2tbsp|
- In a mixer, put all the above ingredients and grind into powder and then add water and make into paste.
- Clean and wash the chicken for 2-3times in cold water. Mix 1/2tsp of turmeric and 2tbsp of curd / vinegar, to avoid poultry smell. Before cooking rinse the chicken.
- Heat 4-5tbsp of oil. Fry onions, green chillies, turmeric and curry leaves, till onions are translucent
- Add ginger garlic paste and fry 2-3mins.
- Add tomatoes and cook until tomatoes are soft. At this stage add chilly powder, garam masala and salt and fry for a minute.
- Now add rinsed chicken and mix, till all the masala coated to chicken. Cover with lid and cook on high flame for 5mintues or till chicken water evaporates.
- Add glass to glass and half of water, chopped coriander leaves and cover with lid and cook on medium flame until chicken is cooked.
- Off the flame when chicken is semi watery (as shown in picture). It is a right consistency to serve with garelu or wadalu. If serving with rice cook the chicken for another 5 minutes or till gravy thickens.