Masala Curry for Dosa
|Big Potatoes||3 (boiled , peeled and mashed)|
|Onions||1/2 cup (sliced)|
|Green chillies||4 (chopped)|
|Ginger||1tsp (finely chopped)|
|Fresh or frozen peas||1/4cup (optional)|
|Tempering ingredients||Channa dal 1tsp, urad dal 1/2tsp, mustards 1/4tsp, Cumin 1/4tsp, Red chilles 2 (break into pcs)|
|Lime juice||1tsp (optional)|
- Heat oil in pan and give tempering. Add onions, green chillies, ginger, turmeric and curry leaves and fry till onions are slightly soft. (leave onions little kah-cha).
- Add mashed potato and salt and mix well. Fry for 5Min's on low flame and finally sprinkle lime juice and coriander leaves.
- Masala for dosa is ready.
|Rice flakes||1/4th cup (optional)|
- Wash ans soak Urad dal and rice for 6-8hrs. Along with rice or urad dal soak fenugreek seeds. Before grinding give couple of washes and grind into thick dosa batter.
- Take into a bowl and ferment for 8hrs or overnight.
- Mix 2-3 times and add salt to taste. and mix.
- Batter is ready for preparing dosa.
- Heat tawa / non stick pan. Pour ladle full of batter in the center of pan and spread like dosa.
- Drizzle 1/2tsp oil and roast till golden brown.
- In center place 1/4cup of potato masala curry. Fold dosa and serve with chutney.
In picture I served with KOBBARI AND KOTHIMEERA CHUTNEY