|Onions||half cup (chopped)|
|Green chillies||4-6 (chopped)|
|Cumin seeds||1tsp, plus 1tsp|
|Ginger||1 inch pcs (optional)|
|Oil||for deep frying|
- Wash and soak Urad dal for 4-6hrs. Drain the water and give a couple of washes and grind into paste. The batter should be little bit coarse. While grinding add cumin and salt and sprinkle water only if required (batter should be like tight consistency)
- Take into a bowl and add chopped onions, green chillies and 1tsp cumin seeds and mix.
- Heat oil for deep frying.
- Wet your fingers and plastic sheet with little water and take a small lemon size of batter into your hand and flatten on sheet like patties or donut and make a hole in center and drop in the oil. Depending on the size of the kadai 3-4 garelu/ wada’s can be fried.
- Fry on medium high heat until golden in color and pull out from oil and Serve on plate.