Preparation time :15minutes
Baking time : 45-50minutes
Servings : 6-8persons
Recipe Source : Cooking Channel
|Almonds||1/2 cup (roasted)|
|All purpose flour||1, 1/4 cup|
|Dried Apricots||1/2cup (chopped)|
|Almonds for garnishing||1/4cup (soaked, peeled and sliced)|
|ALMONDS , APRICOTS AND WALNUTS|
- Melt the butter and bring it to room temperature.
- In a blender add roasted almonds and walnuts and ground them into powder.
- Take a medium bowl and add all purpose flour, salt, baking powder and powdered Almonds and nuts. Combine all ingredients well. Keep this dry mixed flour aside.
- In a separate mixing bowl, add eggs and sugar .
- Using an electric hand beater, beat the eggs and sugar , until sugar melts.
- To this, add almond extract, melted butter and milk and continue mixing for couple of minutes.
- Now add chopped apricots and dry mixed flour ingredients. Stir gently in one direction (only) with spatula.
- Preheat the oven at 350 F heat. Grease 9”x9” baking pan with butter or oil.
- Transfer the batter to grease pan and top with sliced almonds.
- Bake it until cake is cooked about 45-50minutes. (Insert a tooth pick and should comes out clean).
- Cool it and Serve.