|Mutton bones (or) Mutton chops||750gms|
|Green chillies||4 (split)|
|Ginger garlic paste||2tbsp, plus 1tsp|
|Red chilly powder||2-3tsp|
|Tamarind||lemon size or 2tbsp (thick pulp)|
|Whole garam masala||Cloves-2, Cardamom-1, Cinnamon-small pecs and 1 Bay leaf|
- Wash mutton bone and drain them well. To this , add ginger garlic paste, turmeric, 2tsp chilly powder, salt and 2cups of water. Mix and pressure cook on medium high heat for 20minutes. Turn off the flame and allow pressure to release.
- Open the pressure cooker lid and remove the fat floating on the cooked mutton. (This step is optional.)
- Before 15minutes of preparation soak Channa Dal in warm water.
- Heat oil in a pressure pan. Fry whole garam masala,and dry red chillies, till flavor comes out. Now add chopped onions, green chillies, ginger garlic paste and curry leaves, and fry till onions are light golden in color.
- Add soaked Channa dal (drain the water) and fry for a while.
- Add red chilly powder, salt and tomatoes. Saute well.
- Add boiled mutton bones (along with water), tamarind pulp, water as needed and garam masala powder. Mix well.
- Pressure cook the mutton on medium flame for 15minutes. Off the flame and allow pressure to release.
- Garnish with coriander and Serve with hot rice or with Biryani rice.