|Brinjals / Vankayalu||3000gms|
|Garlic flake||2 (flatten)|
|Red chillies||7 to8|
|Onions & cilantro for garnish||each 1/4cup (chopped)|
|Tempering||urad dal-1tsp, mustard’s-1/2tsp,|
cumin-l/2tsp, 4 garlic flakes and
2-3 red chilly, curry leaves.
- Coat oil to brinjals and roast them on low flame, until they are cooked (turn them occasionally while roasting). Cool it down, and remove skin and stalks. Keep aside
- Heat 1/4tsp of oil and roast sesame, cumin, coriander seeds, garlic, and red chill's, on low flame.
- In same pan heat 2tsp of oil and fry roasted brinjals and tamarind for 2-3minutes (this step is to make sure, all brinjals are cooked nicely).
- Grind sesame and other ingredients into fine powder. Add fried brinjals, tamarind and salt and grind into paste (just sprinkle few drops of water, only if required).
- Take into a bowl and give tempering with remaining oil. Finally mix with chopped onions and coriander leaves.
- Serve vankayi pachadi with hot rice and ghee.