|Small and young Brinjals (Muva vankayalu)||10 to 12|
|Groundnuts||1/2cup (dry roast)|
|Sesame||1/4cup (dry roast)|
|Dry coconut powder||3tbsp|
|Whole Garam masala||2-cardamom,|
|Onions large in size||1 (finely chopped)|
|Chilly powder||1 or 2tsp|
|Tamarind||medium lemon size (juice)|
|Jaggery||1tsp to tbsp|
|Ginger Garlic paste||2tsp|
- Dry roast groundnuts, sesame and coconut powder. Then grind into smooth paste.
- Dry roast cumin seeds and coriander seeds. Cool and make into fine powder.
- Wash brinjals and drain them well. Cut brinjals like plus sign and put them in salt water.
- Shallow fry these brinjals in oil, till they cooked nice and tender ((squeeze water from brinjals before dropping them in oil).
- Heat oil in a sauce pan. Fry cumin, mustard’s and whole gram masala.
- Add onions and green chillies. Fry till onions are translucent. Then add turmeric and ginger garlic paste.
- When ginger garlic paste leaves its raw smell add and mix chilly powder, coriander and cumin seeds powder and salt to taste.
- Add ground paste and fry well. When oil separates add tamarind juice and add jaggery according to your taste. And pour water to required consistency.
- Add fried brinjals and cook for another 5-8mins and off the flame.
- Serve with Vegetable Biryani (or) Bagara Rice (or) Roti (or) Rice