|Chicken||1 kg (cut into medium small pieces)|
|Onions||250 g (chopped and split into 2 equal portions)|
|Ginger Garlic paste||2 tbsp|
|Pepper powder||1/2 tsp (optional)|
|Red chilly powder||2 tsp to tbsp (adjust according to taste)|
|Tomato sauce (Hot n’ Sweet)||1 tbsp|
|Ajinomoto (optional)||large pinch|
- Add salt and lime juice to washed chicken and mix well. Cover and marinate it for 10minutes.
- Blend cashews into powder. Add 1/2 portion of onions to cashews and grind into paste without adding water. Add paste to chicken. Mix and allow to marinate for another 10-15 minutes
- Heat oil in a wide pan. Add onions and fry them. Add ginger garlic and green chillies paste and fry till ginger leaves its raw smell.
- Mix turmeric, chilly powder, tomato sauce, ajinomoto(optional), pepper powder (optional) and little salt (to taste).Fry for few movements. Add curd and cook till oil floats on gravy
- Add marinated chicken and mix well. Cover and cook on medium flame till chicken is cooked.
- Keep stirring for every couple of minutes till gravy sticks to chicken
- Off flame and garnish with cilantro
- Serve with Rice and Sambar or Naan or Roti.