|Cauliflower||2 cups (separate into medium small flowers)|
|Potatoes (I used red potatoes)||2 (larger in size)|
|Kasuri Methi (dried methi leaves)||2tsp|
|Red chilly powder||1tsp|
|Lime juice (or) Key lime||2tsp (or) 1|
|Tempering||Channa dal-1tsp, |
Mustards and Cumin-1/4tsp each,
Curry leaves few
|Oil||2 to 3 tbsp|
|Garlic||2-3 cloves (grated)|
- Peel, wash and cut the potatoes into cubes. Boil them in salt water until potatoes are cooked and drain the water (do not over cook them)
- In boiling wash add salt and boil the cauliflower for 2-4minutes and drain the water.
- Heat oil and fry tadka seasonings. Add onions to tadka and fry till onions are slightly fried.
- Add red chilly powder, turmeric and very little salt and mix well. To this add boiled potatoes & cauliflower and mix well. Fry till potatoes are lightly fried.
- At this stage grate garlic and add Kasuri Menthi. Mix and fry for another 3-4minutes.
- Finally squeeze and mix lime juice. Ready to serve.
- This goes very well with Sambar , Rasam and Dal as a fry item or side dish