|Dondakayalu/ Tindora||1/2 kg|
|Green chillies||10 (adjust according to your taste)|
|Cumin seeds||1 tsp|
|Tamarind||small lemon size|
|Garlic||2 to 3 (peeled and chopped)|
|Lime juice||2 tbsp|
|Tempering||Urad dal-1tsp, |
Garlic cloves- 2 or 3 (flatten)
Red chillies- 2
- Reserve 4 to 5 Tindora’s. Cut remaining Tindora’s into big chunks.
- Finely chop the reserved tindora’s and mix salt (to taste) and lime juice to it. Allow to soak for at-least 30minutes before mixing (in pachadi)
- Heat oil in a pan. Fry cumin seeds and green chillies for few movements. Add tindora chunks and saute it for 8-10minutes on medium flame.
- Add garlic, salt to taste and tamarind.
- Cool and grind into paste (add water if required)
- Take into a bowl and mix the above finely chopped and soaked tindora pieces.
- Lastly end with tadka.
- Serve with rice or chapati or pulka.