|Onions (medium in size)||2 diced|
|Poppy seeds||2 tbsp|
|Coriander seeds||1 tbsp|
|Cumin seeds||1/2 tbsp|
|Garlic||4 cloves (peeled and chopped)|
|Everest Garam masala powder |
Whole garam masala
2-cardamom, 3-cloves, 1”pcs- Cinnamon
(all togther inti fine powder)
|Seasonings||Red chilly powder - 1 to 2tsp|
Turmeric - 1/2tsp
Salt - to taste
|Oil||3 to 4tbsp|
|Red food color (optional)||pinch (mix in tsp of water)|
- Boil water in a pot. When water starts boiling add pinch of salt and add paneer. Allow to boil for 10-15seconds and drain the water. Keep aside
- Dry roast poppy seeds and cashews. Grind in a blender along with garlic into fine paste.
- Also dry roast cumin, coriander seeds and whole garam masala. Grind into fine powders.
- Heat tbsp oil. Fry onions and tomatoes. Fry till tomatoes are mashed. Cool and grind into puree.
- Heat remaining oil. Add tomato and onion paste and fry till oil on sides.
- Add cashews, garlic and poppy seeds paste and fry for sometime.
- Add all powder ingredients and seasonings. Mix well.
- Add 1/2cup water and pour milk slowly. Add sugar and food color and mix well.
- When gravy sightly thickens add paneer and continue to cook until gravy thickens.
- Before serving add butter on hot gravy.
- Serve hot with roti or naan.